Updated: May 24, 2018
The Creative Tourism Network® as a non-profit entity based in Barcelona, C/ Consell de Cent 08007 – is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and take their obligations under the GDPR.
As a result, Creative Tourism Network® has implemented practices, procedures and systems to comply with all legal obligations and, in particular, to:
• maintain the confidentiality and security of personal information it collects and holds; and
• manage its systems, practices and procedures in an open and transparent way.
By “personal information”, we mean name, organization and e.mail of an individual who is reasonably identifiable from the information.
This Policy sets out how we handle personal information we collect and hold.
1. What personal information does the Creative Tourism Network® collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information we may collect and hold are:
• Name / Surname
• Professional Organization
We keep all of the above information for people who contact us, or with whom we deal.
2. Why does the Creative Tourism Network®collect and hold personal information?
We collect and hold personal information for a variety of purposes:
Our newsletter and other channels are a tool for all of us:
– to share new ideas,
– to invite you to events that might be of your interest,
– to highlight and recommend your projects,
– to inspire you with projects f creative tourism around the world.
We only use your data for the purpose mentioned above and we do not share them.
The personal information we collect and hold is reasonably necessary as permitted by any law (including privacy legislation).
As part of our commitment to protecting your privacy, however, you will also be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving communications from us in accordance with this Policy or in accordance with any additional consent you give, and we will comply with your decision. (You will be able to “opt out”, for example, by clicking on an “unsubscribe” link at the end of an email, or by contacting our Privacy Officer).
3. How does the Creative Tourism Network® get the personal information it collects and holds?
The Creative Tourism Network® only collects personal information by fair and lawful means, including when people:
• respond to surveys;
• fill in forms on our site (such as contact, registration forms);
• contact us through the social media.
• contact us directly by email or within a professional meeting (business card).
If you are concerned about what personal information we may hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com
Cookies are small pieces of data that websites store on your computer. These are used by many sites and for a range of purposes. Depending on how you have configured your browser, you probably already have a great many already stored on your hard drive.
Cookies are required to be able fully to use this website, as we use a cookie to track whether you are logged in and to store your log-in details. These are then used to enhance your experience of the site.
5. Who has access to my personal information?
Only our staff will access your personal information.
6. How can I access and correct my personal information?
If you want to review (and, if necessary, correct) personal information that the Creative Tourism Network® may have collected and holds on you, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to your requests to access and to correct your personal information as soon as possible (but in any case within a reasonable period).
7. How can I complain about the Creative Tourism Network® if it breaches any applicable privacy principles or any registered code that binds it?
Contact our Privacy Officer if you have any complaints at: email@example.com
8. What steps does the Creative Tourism Network® take to secure personal information?
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and is not subject to misuse, interference or loss, or unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
For example, apart from using secure servers (with application level security and restricted logins), we implement firewalls, we use “https” for requests to the site, back-ups are stored on secure servers and transferred via SSL encryption.
Please note, however, that the transmission of information (including over the Internet) is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information – particularly while it is being transmitted to us – so any transmission is at your own risk and we cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorized access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
10. Who do I contact at the Creative Tourism Network® about privacy issues?
Contact our Privacy Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any concerns about privacy issues.