The registration period to participate in the Creative Tourism Media Awards is open.
Created by the Creative Tourism Network®, a world reference organization for the Promotion of Creative Tourism, the CREATIVE TOURISM MEDIA AWARDS are designed to reward journalists and media professionals from over the world, who demonstrate a true commitment to this virtuous tourism, through which travelers experience the local culture by participating in artistic and creative activities with the locals.
In the wake of new economies – creative, circular, experiential, sharing ones – creative tourism offers a sustainable model of tourism that can meet the new demands while creating a value chain in the territories.
It is in this sense that the Creative Tourism Media Awards reward media contents of different kinds and their authors, that covered this virtuous tourism through diverse focus: society, lifestyle, travel reports, community-based and human tourism, intangible heritage, sustainable development, etc.
Journalists, photographers, videographers, and all content creators from all around the world who have created any kind of content directly or indirectly related to creative tourism, t can apply for the awards. They can be employees of any media outlets/channels or freelancers.
The wide array of categories enables the submission of various types of content:
• Best Creative Tourism Media work by geographical area
• Best Written Travel Report on Creative Tourism
• Best Written Socioeconomic article on Creative Tourism
• Best Video Documentary on Creative Tourism
• Best Photo feature of creative tourism
• Best Promotional spot or campaign on creative tourism
• Best Blog (post) on creative tourism
• Best podcast/radio program on creative tourism
… and more!
Application is free, as well as easy and fast since the content presented can have been published or broadcast already. The deadline is November, 2d, 2022.
The Jury, composed of international experts in tourism, creative economy, and media, will value the pertinence of the contents to highlight creative tourism’s uniqueness. The application relies on a simple form, available on the Creative Tourism Network® website.
The winners will benefit from the international promotion of the Creative Tourism Network®, as well as strategic collaborations and synergies.
• The awardees will be highlighted through Creative Tourism Network® digital platforms (website, social media networks, newsletter).
• The winners will receive an official certificate and distinctive.
• All the applicants will be informed of the press trips and activities organized by CreativeFriendlyDestinations.
The Creative Tourism Network® (CTN) is the international organization for Creative Tourism development worldwide. CTN was founded in 2010 as a non-profit organization to promote destinations of all kinds that bet on creative tourism as a differential element to attract new generations of travelers as well as to create a virtuous value chain for the territory. These labeled CreativeFriendlyDestinations spread around the world, are recognized for the creative experiences they offer to new travelers.
– Advice, training, and consultancy to destinations willing to get the CreativeFriendly certification
– International Marketing and Promotion of the CreativeFriendlyDestinations.
– Conferences, curation of contents, and events organizations on creative tourism.
– Teaching around the world through the Creative Tourism Academy.
– Research on Good Practices and Code of Ethics of Creative Tourism.
– The annual organization of the Creative Tourism Awards