The registration period to participate in the Creative Tourism Awards 2020 is open. The deadline is January 5th, 2021.
Created by the Creative Tourism Network®, world reference body for the Promotion of Creative Tourism, the CREATIVE TOURISM AWARDS are designed to reward organizations, projects, and destinations from over the world, that demonstrate a true commitment to this virtuous tourism, through which travelers experience the local culture by participating in artistic and creative activities with the locals.
In the wake of new economies – creative, circular, experiential, sharing ones – creative tourism offers a sustainable model of tourism that can meet the new demands while creating a value chain on the territories.
It is in this sense that the Creative Tourism Awards reward initiatives that demonstrate compliance with the Good Practices and Code of Ethics of Creative Tourism.
The Jury, composed of international experts in tourism marketing and creative economy, highlights the use of creativity to design unique experiences and to create an ecosystem at a local scale.
The Awards are divided into the following categories:
- Best Strategy for Creative Tourism Development (New: open to previous studies as well as projects carried out or in the process)
- Best Creative Destination
- Best Creative Residency / Hostelling
- Best Creative Travel Agency / Tour Operators
- Best Creative Experience
The application relies on a simple form / INFO + APPLICATION HERE
Updates and content are also available at FB Page: www.facebook.com/creativetourismawards/
Over the last editions, hundreds of projects and destinations have applied for the Creative Tourism Awards. In total, thirty-seven proposals have been awarded on the different continents. See here.
About the Creative Tourism Network®
The Creative Tourism Network® is the international reference organization for the development and promotion of creative tourism.
It brings together destinations around the world, recognized as “CreativeFriendlyDestinations ©” by the Network, for their commitment to sustainable tourism and the values it conveys.
– Advice, training and consultancy to destinations of all kinds willing to get the CreativeFriendly certification
– International Marketing and Promotion of the CreativeFriendlyDestinations.
– Conferences, curation of contents and events organizations on creative tourism.
– Teaching around the world through the Creative Tourism Academy.
– Research on Good Practices and Code of Ethics of Creative Tourism.
– The annual organization of the Creative Tourism Awards