The Creative Tourism Network® has been living in Chilean hours in recent months, collaborating with creative tourism and orange economy initiatives, all of which are more relevant than the others.
– The School of Entrepreneurship in Creative Tourism, an activity of the Integrated Territorial Program Lago Llanquihue Destino Creativo, executed by Planeas and supported by Corfo, has undoubtedly been the engine of this dynamic.
There were 11 sessions, a master class, 10 workshops, 32 hours of training and 100 participants involved in this large-scale project, whose main objective is to link the creative economy with the tourism sector. The director of the Creative Tourism Network®, Caroline Couret, who conducted three workshops and mentorings, highlighted the exceptional synergies generated among the local stakeholders of all kinds and defines it as “a model-to-follow” for creative territorial development.
Rodrigo Carrasco, director of Corfo Los Lagos, stated that “we are convinced that we are going to contribute to the creative development of our region, with the economies of the future, the orange economy.”
For Manuel Perrot, manager of the Lake Llanquihue Creative Destination Integrated Territorial Program, this space was “a tremendous source of inspiration in what we have called“ creative collective intelligence ”of the school. Read more.
– Another event that marked a turning point in the international positioning of Chile and more particularly of the Los Lagos Region, with regard to the creative economy, was the first version of ETC Los Lagos, the First Transmedia Entrepreneurship Meeting. and Creative Territory, funded by Corfo and the Ministry of Arts, Cultures and Heritage.
More than 6,200 participants, mainly from Chile, the United States, Colombia, Mexico, and Brazil enjoyed more than 50 business meetings with local entrepreneurs, companies and international organizations, 42 hours of mentoring, 10 international collaboration tables, 14 workshops and nine artistic shows. A total of 15.800 visualizations.
More than 40 guests, among these 12 international experts on creative economies, such as Charles Landry, Doris Sommer, or Felipe Buitrago, Vice Minister of Creativity and the Orange Economy of Colombia, sharing relevant analysis on creative economies and territories.
This meeting also served as the framework for the annual meeting of the Music Cluster of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network in which the city of Frutillar was the host. Please, find the video content at the following link.
– The CreativeTourismNetwork (R) also participated in a discussion organized by Conecta + Fiis on the topic: “Los Lagos, CreativeTerritory”: A global trend, that fosters the creative economy. This meeting generated a very inspiring exchange among its participants: Alex Paredes – Director Agencia Planeas and ETC Los Lagos 2020, Caroline Couret, founder of Creative Tourism Network®, Rodrigo Carrasco – Corfo Los Lagos Regional Director and Isidora Cabezón – Creative Economy Coordinator at Corfo. Read more.
– Finally – for now …
– The Sonide, Sounds with Identity meeting was held from 23 to 26 November. organized in the Ñuble region by Esquerré Consultores, with the collaboration of Evolución and the support of Corfo in order to contribute to the development of dynamic entrepreneurship in the creative industries of Ñuble and contribute to the valorization of musical identity as the central axis of the image brand of the territory. A deserved success for this event that has taken place in online and face-to-face formats, from the city of Chillán and Valle del Itata, with the intervention of international experts and the active participation in workshops and talks, of creative entrepreneurs, musicians, tour operators, and institutional representatives. A result that reflects Ñuble’s immense potential to stand out among creative destinations at an international level. Read more.
– These initiatives are added to the creative tourism pioneer program promoted by Valparaíso CreativeFriendly last year, through which new generations of travelers can live unique experiences participating in workshops and courses of all kinds with local artists and artisans. Read more.
New projects will be announced soon!!